Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Days

   Hard to believe August is here already. I swear summer passes by more quickly than any other season! I'm looking forward to more beach time with with our friends so the posts may be infrequent this month. I did manage however to get my calendar spread completed for July and even have both August's and September's ready to go although I won't share Sept. just yet. I'm linking this post to both The Kathryn Wheel blog (Kate Crane's 366 Calendar Project) and Balzer Designs blog (Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's Art Journal Everyday Project). Anyone can join in at anytime and as often as they like. There is so much wonderful inspiration to be found on the links shared by artists participating. If these links I gave don't work you can click on the project badges on the sidebar. My earlier projects are either on my Flickr photostream or in older posts.

   Here is my completed July calendar spread:


   You can read more about it in this post.



   August pages started:





   This was a spread I'd done awhile ago-just playing with watercolors and the Tim Holtz music mask (on the the right.)


   And here is August all ready to go:





  I punched scalloped circles from patterned papers and sponged the edges with pink, lime green and turquoise inks. I stamped the sentiment "heaven seems a little closer in a place beside the water". The shells, seahorse and letter circles are stickers. For the month and days of the week I used a set of foam stamps from Magenta(which I use for each month).

  And, as I always love to do, I will visit as many links as I can in the next few days for these projects.

  Thank you for your lovely comments and for stopping by! Until next time....

               "Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns
                in order to look at things in a different way."  Edward De Bono
 

12 comments:

  1. I love the patriotic colors of the first and the "sherbert" colors of your other pages. You really make me want to play with paper and paint again! :) Fresh corn tonight for dinner - stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red white and blue page for July it perfect for the 3 different countries who were celebrating.August page is so pretty, love the scalloped circles. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages for August,love the background. Have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're both gorgeous spreads, Linda but I just love August because I looks so wonderfully sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the red, white, and blue theme for July. Very appropriate. And those August pages are gorgeous. I would never be so brave as to make scalloped circles. They are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pages Linda. Sometimes our better creations evolve from having a good old play :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...looking at things in a different way really is what creativity is all about isn't it dear Linda

    Your July pages are striking and the red, white and blue is so meaningful on many levels!

    August is looking lovely already too...I admire all of you gals that are keeping up with this fun monthly project! Really fun and inspiring to see

    Happy Weekend to you dear one
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. August looks great, as does July all filled in. I really like the scallop day shapes for August to complement your shells and seahorse. Hope you have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look gorgeous, love the background on the August page!
    Have a happy month :)
    France

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, thanks for popping by my blog recently. I love the vibrant colours for July and equally love the pastel colour scheme for August :-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful calendar pages ! I love the patriotic July and the colors of the background of August !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!